- Mynaric inducted into Space Technology Hall of Fame for adapting laser communication originally developed as a space technology to commercial applications
- Laser communication enables Internet provision for those without connectivity via aerospace communication networks
- Award to be bestowed on laser communications specialist at ceremony at the 34th Space Symposium, Colorado Springs (USA), in April
Munich, Colorado Springs, 16 February 2018 – Mynaric has today announced that it has been inducted into the Space Technology Hall of Fame for its work on transferring laser communication developed for research purposes to commercial applications. Its miniaturized laser terminals are being utilized to establish high-speed laser connectivity between aircraft, unmanned aerial vehicles and satellites which are intended to build the data highways of an Internet above the clouds to connect the estimated 3 billion people still without connectivity.
- Mynaric on track to complete qualification unit of smallsat product in early 2019
- First electronic components will be launched on a satellite in first half of 2018
Munich, 22 January 2018 – Mynaric has progressed through a crucial development milestone and is on track to complete the qualification unit of its smallsat laser communication product in early 2019, paving the way for serial production thereafter. The laser communication space terminal currently in development is designed for upcoming satellite mega-constellations in low-Earth orbit (LEO).
- Mynaric delivers two Laser Terminal flight units to Airborne Wireless Network
- Mynaric technology used to demonstrate the ability of aircraft to act as airborne repeaters / routers
- Mynaric continues to tap into US market potential
Munich, 06 December 2017 – Mynaric, a listed manufacturer of laser communication technologies for communication networks in air and space, announces the shipment of two laser terminal flight units and associated components to California-based Airborne Wireless Network (OTC QB: ABWN). The shipment is part of an agreement signed in August this year and underscores the ongoing expansion of Mynaric’s business in the US market.
- Joe Fehrenbach appointed as the CEO of Mynaric USA
- Mike Soutullo new CTO of Mynaric USA
- Mynaric USA to establish own engineering and manufacturing capabilities
Munich, 28 November 2017 – After its successful IPO on October 30th on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange, Mynaric is delivering on its promises to invest the IPO proceeds in its internationalization by appointing senior leaders to grow its US subsidiary.
Munich, 30 October 2017 – Mynaric AG, a specialist for innovative laser-based communication networks in air and in space, has today given its successful stock market debut. In the course of this morning the share price rose to more than 57.00 Euro. This is an increase of more than six per cent compared to the issue price of 54.00 Euro.
Who we are
Mynaric (formerly Vialight Communications) is a manufacturer of laser communication technologies used to establish dynamic communication networks in the air and in space. Its wireless data transmission products include ground stations and laser terminals, which allow very large quantities of data to be sent wirelessly over long distances at high speeds.